Monday, August 18, 2008
Papillon performance at the Canton Public Library
Yet another cell phone photo - this past Monday we went to the "end of summer reading party" at the Canton Public Library. Harwinton had a strong showing at the event - probably 5 or 6 Harwintonian families in attendance! Miss Heather was our librarian here in town until last summer, and lots of folks have followed her and her wonderful programs over to Canton. Now we get the benefit of two libraries! I will definitely sign Evan up for Miss Heather's programs (as well as the ones here in town) so he gets to have the same awesome experiences that Syd did through her preschool years.
A bit of trivia: the Canton Library is housed in what used to be Canton Elementary School, where I attended 2nd and 3rd grade! I can remember quite clearly what the old layout used to look like...the gymnasium is now the children's room. Some of the original classrooms are now function rooms. It's been very nicely redone.
More trivia: when the Canton library moved from their old location in downtown Collinsville, I went to their "tag sale" and purchased 2 big old heavy wooden armchairs from the big table in the main room. They're at the top of the stairs in our house now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment